Science, Statistics, Politics, Current Events, Photos and Life.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Barack Obama sent me an email!

I personally got the following email From Barack Obama
Subject: How this happened
XXXXXX --

I'm about to head to Grant Park to talk to everyone gathered there, but I wanted to write to you first.

We just made history.

And I don't want you to forget how we did it.

You made history every single day during this campaign -- every day you knocked on doors, made a donation, or talked to your family, friends, and neighbors about why you believe it's time for change.

I want to thank all of you who gave your time, talent, and passion to this campaign.

We have a lot of work to do to get our country back on track, and I'll be in touch soon about what comes next.

But I want to be very clear about one thing...

All of this happened because of you.

Thank you,

Barack
I appreciate the thought and the email. Even if it did go out to me and 3 million of Barack's closest personal friends. This is like the old FOB (friends of Bill) from the Clinton presidency, but on steroids.

The "I'll be in touch soon about what comes next" is disturbing, unsettled and vaguely ominous.

Interesting note 1: A DONATE button at the bottom of the email. Count on requests for money for the next 4 years.

Interesting note 2: I can't quite interpret all the header information regarding the dates, but there are four time stamps (I edited out most all other info) on the email:

From Barack Obama Wed Nov 5 04:34:13 2008
Received: from with SMTP; Tue, 04 Nov 2008 20:36:57 -0800
Received: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 23:34:13 -0500 (EST)
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 23:34:13 -0500
I don't know where that Wed date came from, because I got the email Tuesday evening. But these guys are fast.

No comments: